Thursday, November 17, 2011

Better Late Than Never, I Suppose

Well, it has definitely been a while since I've posted. I've been really busy lately, but everything has finally started to slow down. I don't even know where to begin... Cross country season finished, and it went well. I was able to improve on every race, and my last one was about 25 minutes flat. High school has been going well. We just finished our first quarter. I can't wait to get a couple days off for Thanksgiving next week! Which brings me to another point. What are you thankful for? I have thought a lot lately about how much I have to be grateful for. A friend of mine's mom just died, and I realized that I take it for granted that I even have a family. I have so much to be thankful for, and I can't believe that I ever take it for granted, but I do.
I am super excited for the holidays. I have actually been listening to Christmas music, which I normally don't do before Thanksgiving, but I couldn't help it ;)
I have really been meditating on Ephesians 1:3-6, which says, "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love, having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will, to the praise of the glory of His grace, by which He made us accepted in the Beloved." Our Sunday school teacher talked about how everything we do should be done to give glory to God. I was really convicted that I don't think about giving glory to God before I make decisions, but this verse has really helped me.
I hope everyone enjoys the holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment