Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year! (and a slightly late Merry Christmas;) )

Well, I haven't done near as well as I had hoped with keeping up with my blog. Oh well. I hope that everyone had a great Christmas! I neglected to even do a Christmas post, but I hope y'all had a great time with family and friends meditating on the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ. And I also hope y'all have a great New Years Day!
Whenever it's New Years, people usually talk about new year's resolutions. Last year, my main resolution was to read my Bible every day, and I was successful. In addition to that resolution, I have two more scriptural resolutions this year. I would like to try to live according to the character traits in Proverbs 31 and 1 Corinthians 13. Lots of times, we look at other people and judge them according to biblical things, but we aren't living them out ourselves. I know that I haven't done the best job lately. So, I encourage you to look at these two passages and try to live by the traits they list. One good way to do this is to pick one trait each day to focus on.
I hope that everyone has a great new year! (and that no one is too tired to go back to school;) For those of you that don't have to start school until Tuesday or Wednesday, don't take it for granted!)
Happy 2012!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment