Sunday, January 8, 2012

Bible Reading Plan

I haven't exactly figured out what Bible reading plan I'm going to do this year. I think we're talking about different plans at church tonight, so hopefully I'll be able to think of one then. But for now, I've just been doing the one I did last year. I've had kind of a hard time actually thinking through what I'm reading, so I decided to get a journal and take notes. But now I've had a hard time being motivated to take notes. So, I thought if I posted some of my notes each week on the blog, that would keep me motivated and accountable. So, that's what I decided to do. So far this week I've read Genesis 1-21. Here are some of my thoughts:
  • While reading the creation account I was reminded of what we had been talking about in Sunday school. We have been going through ten truths of the gospel, and the first truth is "God is the sovereign Creator of all things."
  • When I read about the fall of man, I was reminded that we are all sinners. If Adam hadn't sinned, we would have still fallen into sin. It's part of human nature.
  • It was also very encouraging to read about God's faithfulness to Noah, Abraham, and Lot.
Well, this wasn't very many notes this week, but hopefully next week I will be more motivated to take notes.

No comments:

Post a Comment